Welcome To Nest Care Homes
Nest Care provides semi-independent living units for people aged 16 and above. At Nest care we have a passion to help shape young futures. Our goal is to help all our residents learn fundamental life skills helping them to live on their own when they leave our care.
Our Care Team consist of 15 members of staff and they are a culturally diverse and exceptional selection of staff who are suitably qualified and possess the skills and experience necessary to support young people with special needs, having complex and challenging behaviours. The staff maintains appropriate levels of care and support; managers/ Directors are on call daily with 24-hour support.
Placement choices should be for young people who are presented as hard to reach and having unresolved behavioural and emotional problems; placements will help to improve behaviour, prepare young people or returning home or will be used as pathway planning for young people to develop transitional life skills to help prepare them to leave care in a safe and planned way.
This as a continuum placement, offering a corridor to support, housing needs and befriending for 16+ year olds.
Key work support /Mentoring
Nest Care staff mentor daily to give young people advice or prompt them to help make better choices about the food they eat, encourage them to get enough sleep and exercise and to eat healthy balanced meals or for their personal development to explore problems and possible solutions.
A young person might use mentors to assist them with direct work, for example, extra assistance to move their independence planning.
Direct work may also involve:
- Advocacy to help voice concerns to others
- Help complete job application forms and assist with job searches
- Help with CV writing
- Help with interview skills and techniques
- Accompany to colleges and training providers
- One to one support in personal living skills
- Someone to talk to at any time – a young person needs to speak to an adult about personal issues or just a general chit-chat
- Book support to accompany young people to community activities and social trips to places of interest for example the gym or sports facilities or events.
- Ask about dangers of drinks, drugs, smoking and risky sexual activity
Person Tailored Support
We support young people with family contact and work with Local Authorities to achieve their care plan. Each individual is assigned a specialist key worker who will help them with any concerns and difficulties they may face. Whilst also helping them to keep on track and meet their targets.
Our team has a vast amount of experience when it comes to helping young adults. Many of our key workers have over 10 years of industry experience. We pride ourselves on having a high quality work team.